Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why Night Owls Are More Intelligent than Morning Larks

I am a night owl and im consider myself pretty intelligent and someone showed me this study that was done which you can see on Psychology Today

After reading it i thought about my own family, two people in my family where born with slight learning difficulties (they now lead an everyday life) and anyhow from memory they where able to go to sleep earlier than me. I remember i used to go to sleep around 11pm and wake up at 5.15am to get the first part of my journey to get to work. You would think i was tired but i dont really remember feeling tired.

It used to be a running joke in my family, i would walk down to the kitchen with my father sitting there and he would smile at me and ask me how i was and how i slept i would grunt back at him then he would laugh, i dont talk when i wake up and even now whatever time i wake up i dont like to talk, i need to get my brain into action hehehehe.

This is the last paragraph on the page which explains it the simplest
An analysis of a large representative sample of young Americans confirms this prediction. Net of a large number of social and demographic factors, more intelligent children grow up to be more nocturnal as adults than less intelligent children. Compared to their less intelligent counterparts, more intelligent individuals go to bed later on weeknights (when they have to get up at a certain time the next day) and on weekends (when they don’t), and they wake up later on weekdays (but not on weekends, for which the positive effect of childhood intelligence on adult nocturnally is not statistically significant). For example, those with a childhood IQ of less than 75 ("very dull") go to bed around 23:41 on weeknights in early adulthood, whereas those with a childhood IQ of over 125 ("very bright") go to bed around 00:29.
.

0 comments: