Wednesday, May 4, 2011


The other day i was waiting at a butcher to buy some food and was just glancing when i noitced that when you look at the word CHICKEN it almost looks the same way when its turned over except for the letter N.

I was wondering if there was any other words that are like that and well when i searched there is loads of information about these words.

They are called Ambigram: the definiation for them is a typographical design or art form that may be read as one or more words not only in its form as presented, but also from another viewpoint, direction, or orientation. The words readable in the other viewpoint, direction or orientation may be the same or different from the original words.

The type of Ambigram i saw with the word chicken is known as
A design that can be read when reflected in a mirror, usually as the same word or phrase both ways. Ambigrams that form different words when viewed in the mirror are also known as glass door ambigrams, because they can be printed on a glass door to be read differently when entering or exiting.
A true Mirror -image Ambigram is the word Wiki

There is loads more information of course on Wikipedia