Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Car

Yesterday my nephew turned up at my house asking could be borrow my car as he had to go to a Funeral and he couldn't get there, so i said yeah ok but bring the car back but not to late.

First--he brings the car back at around 6pm after telling me that he would be back by 2.30.

Second--when he brought the car back, the car had been in an accident, he told me that he was in the service for the person and when he came out he noticed that my car door had been hit.

What seems to have happened is that someone has backed into my car and has hit the front of the drivers front door, when you go to open the car door it springs open so it seems that the hinges on the door are stuffed as well.

A friend of my neighbour suggested i ring around to find a door and he will place the new door on for me, my nephew is going to pay for the door to be replaced.

It works out that if i went through my insurance it would cost me $500 as the person who hit my car of course didn't leave any details.

To replace the car door it will cost around $350


My car is a 2004 Holden Barina, (like the one of the left there).
New cars piss me off as all you have to do is lean on the car wrongly and it will have a dent in it.
Makes me wish i had the car i had around 10 years ago, a 1979 Holden Commodore, if anyone hit that i rarely got a mark on it, but then i do love all the mod cons that are in this car, MP3 player, the 6 Speakers , (so i could go deaf to the music in my car if i wanted too) Air-Con.
.
.

0 comments: